About the Conference
At this seventh in a series of food safety education conferences sponsored by the non-profit Partnership for Food Safety Education, we explored influences on consumers, the way to effect behavior change, and the way forward to better engaging everyone in modeling proper food preparation and hand hygiene practices.
The 2019 conference March 6-8 in Orlando, FL, drew 300 public and private sector professionals who are involved in educating people about food safety. CEUs were offered through several accrediting organizations.
The 2019 Conference offered:
- A focus on behavior change.
- Opportunities to network and engage in collaborative dialogue.
- Take-home strategies for influencing food safety attitudes, knowledge, and behaviors of consumers.
- Tools and resources to address your biggest program challenges.
Key Conference Dates
- January 25, 2019: Early Bird pricing ends
- March 6, 2019: Pre-Conference Workshops
- March 7-8, 2019: From Consumers to Chefs: Food Safety Education Matters kicks off at the Swan and Dolphin Resort
Want to know what the next Consumer Food Safety Education Conference will be like? Take a look at the past Food Safety Conferences to get an idea of what you might expect.
The mark “CDC” is owned by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services and is used with permission. Use of this logo is not an endorsement by HHS or CDC of any particular product, service, or enterprise . Funding for this conference was made possible, in part, by the Food and Drug Administration through grant 1 R13 FD005980-01. The views expressed in written conference materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services; nor does any mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organization imply endorsement by the United States Government. This work is supported by the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture, Agricultural and Food Research Initiative Competitive Program.