The Consumer Food Safety Education Conference 2019 is accepting applications for student scholarships. Applications will be accepted from full-time graduate and undergraduate students from the disciplines of:
- Food safety
- Food microbiology
- Public health
- Environmental health
12 scholarship awardees will receive (provided terms of scholarship are met):
- Travel stipend of $600.00
- Two nights (value of $564.00) at the conference hotel (Swan and Dolphin Resort)
- Conference registration fee waived (value of $250)
To apply for a scholarship:
- Complete this application below. All information is required. Applications are due no later than 10 p.m. Eastern on January 14, 2019.
- Attach a maximum 1,000-word essay that answers the question: How will your attendance at the 2019 Consumer Food Safety Education Conference have a positive impact on your professional future?
- Attach a 500-word “news story” covering a consumer food safety education activity happening in your community. Include the contact information for the sources you worked with (name and email address), and at least 1 high quality photograph. –suggestion – Read up on basic tips for preparing a short local news story before working on your story. (Some good sources to work with include your area cooperative extension food safety specialists, public health agencies, or local science teachers).
- Have a letter of recommendation from a faculty member emailed from a university email account to firstname.lastname@example.org attn: Carole Ball
Scholarship applications will be reviewed by a committee of the non-profit Partnership for Food Safety Education. Notification of the results of the review will be emailed to applicants on or around February 1, 2019.
For questions or more information, please contact Carole Ball at email@example.com.
We are not able to extend deadlines. Thanks very much for your interest.
There are four (4) required components to the scholarship application:
- This application form
- A 1,000 (maximum) word essay that explains how your attendance at the 2019 Consumer Food Safety Education Conference will have a positive impact on your professional future
- A 500-word “news story” covering a consumer food safety education activity happening in your community
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member, sent from a university email address, to firstname.lastname@example.org. This application form must be submitted and letters of recommendation emailed to the attention of Carole Ball at email@example.com or before January 14, 2019.